Looking for information on brand standards or editorial guides? Check out the resources below. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University’s Editorial Style Guide
- Information on the University’s color palette
- Standards for logo use
- Other design style guides
- Requests to use Norm’s image should be directed to email@example.com.
Minding Business Submission Guidelines
We welcome the following submissions for Minding Business, the division’s monthly newsletter. Please note: All submissions are subject to editorial review and are not guaranteed for publication. You can make your submissions by filling out this form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are eager to hear any ideas for news stories that showcase the diverse and meaningful work happening every day in Business Affairs. Have an amazing student interning in your office? Just developed a new program that will impact employees campuswide? Partnered with faculty on research for the University? We want to know! Not sure if your idea is news or not? Contact us anyway. We would love to talk to you about it. Even if we can’t use the story right away, we may be able to use it later or find a different placement for it.
- Qualifies: Professional and civic accomplishments such as awards or professional certifications, retirements, internal promotions, awards given to an entire department, office or unit. Internal yearly departmental or office awards given to one individual also qualifies (ex: employee of the year).
Does not qualify: Personal celebrations such as weddings, birthdays, births or other anniversaries, resignations. Monthly or quarterly internal departmental or office awards given to multiple individuals do not qualify (ex: employee of the month or employee of the quarter).
Please submit your events in the following format to: Month Date: Short Event Name and a URL with more information on the event. For example, Feb. 20: Business Update Forum https://finance.uncc.edu/events/2019-02-20-15-00-00-2019-02-20-17-00-00/business-update-forum
- Qualifies: Campus events open to all, business deadlines, retirement receptions if open to all, University-wide holidays or events
Does not qualify: Personal events such as birthday parties or baby showers, private events not open to everyone
Do You Know (DYK)
- Qualifies: Interesting facts related to departments or offices in Business Affairs
- Does not qualify: Facts unrelated to the departments or offices in Business Affairs
All new employees in the division will be included in the monthly listing.
Employees hired at an assistant director position (or equivalent) or above may qualify for additional newsletter coverage, pending editorial review.